Skills and Experience
Visual Science Communication
- Translator of scientific information into meaningful and useful insights based on a strong background in science plus training and experience in science communication.
- Self-starter with a killer work ethic that drives her own productivity and learning as demonstrated by over $35,000 in fellowships and scholarships throughout the course of her education.
- Constant innovator and creator who constantly comes up with new and eye-catching ideas as evidenced by collaborations with 3 science websites as well as a personal science communication blog.
Knowing Neurons Content Editor and Visual Designer
- Refined critical thinking skills with the ability to translate dense scientific information for a general audience as evidenced by beautiful infographics and animations published on an award-winning neuroscience website.
- Excellent teaching and communication skills with an ability to engage the public about neuroscience resulting in a fellowship to attend the Max Plank Florida Institute for Neuroscience conference Sunposium as a science journalist which included talks by 2 Nobel laureates.
The Humanology Project Ethos News Animator
- Passionate about combatting the stigma surrounding mental illness and addiction as evidenced by creating animations to communicate the experience of mental illness to the public.
Graduate Women in Science "This is what a scientist looks like" Program Chair
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and mentoring skills with experience leading a team to produce monthly animations describing research done by prominent women scientists.
University of Iowa
2012-2017: Ph.D. in Neuroscience Psychological and Brain Sciences Department
- Ballard & Seashore Dissertation Fellowship
2008-2012: B.A. in Neuroscience, Minor in Bassoon Performance